The Governess's Holiday

In celebration of my new prim and proper bob and in need of an excuse to dress up in some new additions to my ever-expanding wardrobe I decided to create an outfit post with a twist. Meet my 1930s governess (think Maria in The Sound of Music) who is travelling by train on a rare holiday away from her irksome wards.



I was told, in no uncertain terms, by an old lady in the charity shop that my old boots did not look right with the green velvet skirt. However, by then I was under its luxuriously soft, high waisted, cute buttoned spell and realised that I would finally have to give in to my urge (which I had been defying quite well until then) to find some ankle boots with lace hooks to match the skirt’s vintage glory.





N.B. The governess went to Whitstable to stay with her sister. She tried an oyster but found it a dreadfully shocking and unpleasant experience. She hopes to take a trip to Lyme Regis on her next holiday and look for dinosaur fossils.

Comments

Emily Paull said…
Hehe. The boots look fine with the skirt.
Gwen said…
Love the outfit as well as references to Tipping the Velvet and Remarkable Creatures, both great books! Remember to post a postcard from your trip.
Megan said…
This is, by far and without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST thing I have ever seen on the internet. I think I love you roughly double the amount I already did (which, you'll know, was a great deal).

"irksome wards" was a lol moment (keeping in mind I am at work, slyly surfing the internet - awkward).

And your bob is blowing my mind ♥

Popular Posts