Perks Of The Job

I should be packing for holiday (eee!) but I couldn’t resist sharing with you the details of why, sometimes, my hum drum job is transformed into a magical mystery tour (at least for a few moments).

This particular perk came in the shape of a lovely older lady who regularly visits the café and who today had with her a tantalisingly bulging bag of material. I thought no more of it until she knocked on the office door whilst on my lunch break to ask me whether I would like to rummage through a few clothes that she was taking to the charity shop. Now, I realise that this might not be everybody’s idea of a good time but that certain proposition is enough to make me deliriously excited! (not, you must understand, if the bag of clothes in question is being presented to me by anything other than a clean and friendly person but this lady fitted that criterion).

Just to add to the quaint nature of this encounter, she said that the clothes had come from a clothes swap she had attended at the local church! I rifled through the bag in the remaining few minutes of my break but it wasn’t until I got home that I realised what finds I had pulled out…




These two dresses have both been hand-made from the same pattern. I love being able to see the slight creative alterations that the seamstress has made. The fabrics are so gorgeous and the arms are way too cute!

It brings me great pleasure to wear something someone has obviously put a lot of work into. Look at the intricate stitched waist band, hook and eyes and buttons on both of these beauties. And they both fit me like gloves!


I also pulled out this sweet high-waisted woven number which will be just the thing on the yurt farm we are going to tomorrow on the Costa De Luz! Bring on the hippy summer fun!




The most perfect going away gift ever. Drop by again soon to see these lovelies (and some more of my favourite summer outfits) in Spanish situ!

Adios Amigos x


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE THE DRESSES. Enjoy Spain and blog more when you can: it's refreshing to read at the start of a day at an office job.
Anonymous said…
The print on the material of those dresses is glorious. And I don't use that word often. I'm not a fan of the buttons though I must admit.

What a kind lady! I'm so bad and finding gems in charity shops. Must look more often.

xoxo

Popular Posts