The Bristolian


You can take the girl out of Bristol but you can’t take Bristol out of the girl! A trip home was long overdue which gave me a good excuse to visit Megan in Bristol. The essential Gloucester Road trail satisfied my reclamation yard roaming, charity shop browsing and cake eating cravings.

Spying this set of paisley china in an old French display dresser felt like looking through a window into my future dream kitchen. Unfortunately my baggage allowance wouldn’t accommodate this delicate twenty piece set! Finding an old bottle of ‘Cotswold Milk’ from Stroud Creamery held the same excitement as randomly turning on the television tonight to find a vintage Antiques Roadshow from Stroud being shown! My home town will not let me forget it.

Next to our classic haunt Tart for tarts! And on to Picton Street to see the newly refurbished ‘The Bristolian’ café and La Belle Boutique to look (but not buy- too pricey for the likes of us at their beautifully eclectic vintage finds from around the world.

A trip down to the water front and to the only all-you-can-eat buffet I ever want to return to, Za Za Bazaar for D’s birthday rounded off a brilliant Bristol visit.



I made Rachel Allen’s After Dinner Mint Chocolate Cake for D. His family were very sweet and said it was yummy but when I took it home to my mum she physically baulked at the real mint icing which tasted as if it should be an accompaniment to a roast lamb supper!
I have photos of a sunny countryside visit home up my virtual sleeve so tune back in soon!

Comments

Popular Posts