The Secret Garden

Spying this grand old country house over a Cotswold stone wall reminded me of scenes from The Secret Garden which I loved to read when I was little.

Here are our sweet new goats Pavlova and Bramble whose names follow a tradition started by our family when we inherited two decrepit but happy old nanny goats when we moved to our current house. We called those old timers Apple and Crumble!

Sunny days, yummy home-made food, a visit from my cousin and her new baby boy and some rustic ruminating!


 
I will hopefully be getting a little bit more sun (Edinburgh was bright for a few days but has turned back into its comfortable grey uniform) in France next week when I go to visit my Granddad who lives in a sweet house in a tiny hamlet surrounded by corn fields. Plenty of secret gardens to discover there too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What amazing photos! Do you think this place could work as a B&B specially for new parents with their babies??

Popular Posts