WOMAD '13


The annual pilgrimage to WOMAD and reunion with bessie Megan was even more hotly anticipated this year than any other. So far 2013 has thrown up more seismic life changes than I can shake a stick at so to have one cemented event in the calendar that a) brings ridiculous amounts of pure joy, laughter, dancing and soul enrichment and b) means seeing my parents and getting a huge dose of nostalgia and a sense of security was just what I needed.

It was, as usual and always, an absolute BLAST! Here are only a handful of highlights.
Every year Megan and I try our best to get really organised and take our own food for the first couple of days so that we’re not tempted by all of the amazing (but expensive) food on offer at the eclectic and delicious array of food stalls. This might seem gratuitously frugal (yes!) but it actually makes treats like churros and halloumi burgers taste even more delicious when we do finally cave in!

Gorgeous sunny moments dancing to incredible music at Radio 3 stage.

Every morning we attend an informal, grass-roots (literally) singing group in the arboretum. It’s the most uplifting way to start the day!
 

I have been looking at these Bertie pumps for months and was so pleased when they were given to me as a birthday pressie from my lovely Mum. They may as well have huge letter spelling WOMAD all over them- they are perfect footwear for our fave festival! 



I have never laughed so much, slept so little or danced so joyously in my life- and that includes other WOMADs! Megan and I both agreed that it was the best year ever- but I think we say that every time!

Meg, you are my soul sister. M&M, thanks always for the food, shelter and love x



Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm missing your posts! Has there been any more dancing since then, has the sun kept shining .... ?

Popular Posts