Lake Life


I have just got back to Mzuzu after 5 glorious, eye opening, soul quenching days in Sangilo next to the incredible lake Malawi. The other half of our UK team who live there are leading very different lives with no electricity or running water. I found it very hard not to be very jealous of their simple lives (bar the bats in the long drop latrines!) in the stunning, serene countryside and if I had never come to Mzuzu and made family and friends here I would have absolutely loved to have lived in Sangilo. The views of Livingstonia mountain, the lush greenery, and blue horizon of the lake are breathtaking. The people there are incredibly friendly and you welcome everyone you meet with 'Matandala!'.


We went to the beach and played with the fishermen's children, swam like fishes for hours, kayaked, went to our friend Hannah's house and collected grapefruit, oranges, guava and bananas from her family's orchard.


I fell in love with the place and really feel like I will go back one day. Blessings lives in the same area and I will have to see her again in my life so I will have to go back!

More pictures and words to follow but that's all for now, folks!

Comments

Popular Posts