One Week of Work Wear: Navy Tuesday

I often find that I have dressed mostly in navy and never have any shoes to go with that colour palette. But now I have these vintage brogues from Dutty to save the navy day! 

Dutty is a shop in Bristol that I always thought was tailored entirely towards hardcore hipsters. They showcase young designers who make collars, crop t-shirts with quirky motifs and tribal print rucksacks. And then there’s the knuckleduster rings, hoop earrings and funky nail transfers.
Now this is all well and good but it isn’t quite my style and I started missing out Dutty on my Bristol shopping trips but then one day Megan and I found that there was also a downstairs room which was CHOCK A BLOCK with brilliant vintage goodies. And now it is our favourite haunt!
I have never found vintage shoes that fit me. They are always teeny size 3 or 4. But these are an absolute dream!
Here I am in Dutty’s treasure trove with another navy number!
I’ll get back to the topic in hand and show you what I wore to work on Tuesday.
Here’s one I made earlier! I made this skirt with my Mum when I was at home. I didn’t get any pictures of the process as unfortunately didn’t have my camera with me but I’m pleased with the finished product. Especially as it was made from material Mum already had which fits nicely with the navy theme and it doesn’t look too shoddy for a first attempt.

It feels good to have made the newest edition to my work wardrobe!

Comments

Sarah Lowe said…
You legend! Getting on the sewing band wagon! It looks fab! Great to have you blogging again too lovely :) xxx
Anonymous said…
Skirt looks great and I love the theme of a blog a day on what you're wearing.

Popular Posts