Home Turf

First point of call, Bristol. A whistle stop tour of mine and the BFF’s favourite haunts including Cox and Baloney for a spot of morning tea.

After some very successful charity shopping we were in need of more refreshments in the form of Mexican chimichangas from La Ruca on Gloucester Road.


Much fun was then to be had at baby niece’s second birthday party. LOTS of owl cake, animal biscuits, sipping of Pimms, playing in sand pits and watching hot air balloons rise and take off with people waving from their baskets.
I also managed to get home to see my wonderful wee brother and sister and we had a rare old time in the countryside catching frogs, bouncing endlessly on trampolines, laughing at pony show politics and creating plasticine creatures.



This last mutt shot was taken by my nine year old bro on my big ol’ SLR. Budding talent alert!

Trips home are never boring and are always packed with the rafters with people to see and things to do. Going back is always nice but I found for the first time that I didn’t actually mind that I don’t live in Bristol anymore. Edinburgh is where it’s at right now!

Comments

Popular Posts