A Room of One's Own

They say life can change on a dime and, boy, did mine.

I now live in a sunny flat with a sweet flat mate who left me a packet of Rich Tea biscuits on my moving in day. She likes reading Evelyn Waugh and watching Neighbours!  I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
My bedroom is a nice little place with a big window which looks out to huge swaying leafy trees. I have a big boaty bed; a white, scalloped wardrobe and a writing desk with a director’s chair. The chair in particular feels very fitting with this new life; I am suddenly and profoundly the sole director of my own one-woman show.

As if this wasn’t enough…
I am now officially the manager of a charity boutique whose doors will be standing open hoping for lots of curious feet to walk through them come next weekend!

Here’s an exclusive sneaky peak!
Roll up, roll up everyone! The new shop is on Roseneath Terrace in Marchmont, Edinburgh. Please tell your friends and come to visit if you’re in bonnie Scotland any time soon.
But, for now, I’ll finish with a life affirming quote!
“What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared with what lives within us” Henry David Thoreau

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your room looks just as good as I thought it would, calm and quiet but with the potential for lots of fun. Enjoy, my lovely, and see you very soon xxxx

Popular Posts